Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Heart

Well it has been a while since I've posted and since I'm still new to this I thought I should make an effort to start doing this more often!!

Life has been so great lately because God has been a priority in my life. Before, I would just do my own thing and basically just live for myself. I had been praying to die to myself, so I can fully live for Jesus. I finally feel like I can say with joy that I love where God has me in life. The people He has placed in my life have been incredible friends, supporters, and accountability partners. I couldn't have asked for a better church to be apart of. It has truly been amazing seeing all our leaders and staff pour into the lives of our youth and college groups, mine included. I wasn't around much until this January because of school, but just getting to know our awesome youth group has been a blessing in itself. Seeing their love for Christ has been so encouraging to me as a leader. I am praying that that and myself  can just hate the things of this world and the flesh. Before you can have great relationships with others, we must get our relationship with the Lord on the right track. I've been so encouraged by my small group of girls, just keeping praying for each other to get in the word and dig deep. Not to just read what's on the surface of the page, but to study it and put scriptures into our daily lives.
James 1:22 says "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what is says."

I have been watching the Louie Giglio series called "Boy Meets Girl" and it has been awesome. He speaks so much truth. He goes through Genesis and talks about how a man wasn't made to be alone in life. God didn't make the mistake of creating a woman, He made a woman because He knew that the man shouldn't be alone. He takes about how the man should pursue the woman, which I love. He states "You do not want to marry someone who isn't in love with Jesus". If one has a beating heart for the Lord and the other doesn't, it's not going to work out. I pray for my future spouse that He may be so in LOVE with Jesus and it just flows on the outside so others can see Christ in Him. I can't help but smile when I read Jeremiah 29:11 "For I KNOW the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I love knowing that my God has a plan for my life. He didn't have to plan anything for my life, but he did. If you LOVE Him and DELIGHT in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalms 37:4) Praying for the Lord's will to be done has been so much easier for me now because I feel like the Lord's desires have become mine. I never thought I would live in Huntsville after I moved away. The Lord had other plans for my life. Now, I couldn't be more grateful. Just seeing that all He has blessed me with just by being in a different city and the relationships I've made. I can't thank Him enough. What an AWESOME God we serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment